You’ve picked a great time to join Avon. We’re the company that puts purpose, people and relationships at the heart of everything we do. The company that’s 135 years young and only just gettingd. As part of the Natura &Co family, we’re committed to being the best beauty company for the world by generating a positive environmental, economic and social impact for our communities across the globe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- The Division Sales Manager is responsible for executing field strategies, policies and initiatives to achieve the sales target of the Division and National objectives through leadership of a Team of Zone Managers.
- Recruitment, management and leadership of Sales teams providing
- Effective training, coaching, development in cooperation with the trainer
- Motivation – in group & individually
- Support at all levels
- Leadership of Meetings
- Recruitment in accordance with Job profile and competencies requirements
- Takes ownership for delivering results, sets objectives and focuses on key activities to achieve plan.
- Sets and maintains the required standards of time management, administration and behavior for Sales teams.
- Understands the key performance drivers and develops and implements division forecast, action plan, resource support.
- Communicates objectives and action plan to ensure effective execution.
- Continually communicates the strategy and objectives and how the team contribute to making it a reality.
- Understands and utilizes individual and team strengths to maximize productivity and effectiveness.
- Communicates performance results, accurately and on time, to senior management and sales team.
- Implements all new Field projects/ techniques/ tools by acting as Role Model and controlling a good application Inspires and influences individuals and teams to perform at a high level by acting as a role model.
- Monitors competitive activity to highlight and maximize Avon’s competitive advantage
- Involved in people development, talent management, engagement management and succession planning
We’d Love You To Have
- A master’s degree in sales, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience of minimum 3 years, is required
- Genuine experience in Team management
- Must possesses very strong business acumen and be able to understand all business processes/impacts and actively offer improvement suggestions.
- Analytical skills Draws logical/accurate conclusions from numerical information.
- Must be able to look at where the business is going rather than where it is today and then convert the vision into strategy and then into projects with added significant business value
- Strong leadership abilities, as well as effectiveness in team management
- Pinpoints key information from a large amount of data.
- Good English.