Who are we and what we stand for?
When you work at Schneider Electric you work at a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says, Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
Why to apply for this opportunity?
For the project’s duration, you’ll be part of Global Customer Projects Business, that is present in nearly all countries where Schneider Electric operates. Our aim is to be the first in-class solutions provider covering all Geographies. You’ll have a chance to work on a wide range of projects that have a meaning purpose towards sustainability & efficiency. You’ll get to be part of a highly diversified team from all over the globe, where we share knowledge, experience & best practices.
Your Role in a Brief:
We are seeking for a Contract Manager to support our Execution hub in Francophone africa & islands, in the management of complex cross-borders projects. The Contract Manager shall secure the tenders and contracts on the contractual, financial and tax aspects both during the Selling and Delivery phases and in coordination with Legal and Finance corporate functions. You will be joining project teams supporting complex projects, at both tendering and execution phases, within a very stimulating cross-functional and multi-cultural environment. In this role, the Contract Manager shall mainly:
- Perform T&C review & propose winning contractual set-up
- Review and mitigate legal & commercial risks
- Negotiate T&Cs with the customer & business partners along with Opportunity leader in collaboration and upon direction from Legal
- Follow project execution vs. contractual rights and obligations
- Draft or support the drafting of contractual correspondences
- Support PM on contractual risk & opportunity identification and management
- Propose and support the deployment of mitigation actions
- Define and implement change order & claim strategy
- Process Compliance
- Deploy Corporate guidelines, CPP Change order & Claim approach & Best Practices
- Coach operational teams in all contract management related topics with support of Corporate functions & Solution University
- Drive cultural change toward risk & contract management
- University and/or Business School and/or Engineer diploma: Master’s degree or equivalent Bac+5, contract management, business administration, international trade and/or law
- 5 years in Contract Management in a Project environment
- Fluent in English & Arabic (verbal and written)
- Ability to analyze and handle complex matters concurrently with both synthetic and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proven ability to create solid relationship with stakeholders (internal & external ones)
- Able to make decisions in complex context based on imperfect/missing conditions