Description : Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordinator, Middle East & North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Services Activity. Compagnie : Agency. Adresse : Maroc
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
As part of MSI’s work on the USAID Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support (MENA/MELS) mechanism, MSI provides monitoring, evaluation and learning support to the USAID/Morocco Mission in Rabat. The scope of the work covers a broad range of on-going MEL support including capacity-building of USAID and IP staff on USAID MEL standards and procedures, to developing and managing evaluation and performance measurement work across the Mission’s portfolio. MSI is also responsible for supporting the tracking of CDCS context and activity indicators. MSI’s support is provided virtually and has built a desire for more M&E support in Rabat, working directly with Mission staff, the result of which is the position.
**Please note: Moroccan citizens and Third Country National residents in Morocco are eligible for this position**
The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation of the monitoring, learning, research, and evaluation support activities provided under MENA MELS contract to USAID/Morocco. This includes supporting performance monitoring systems, reviewing implementing partner (IP) Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPS) and reviewing Mission-level key performance indicators related to their Country Development Coordination Strategy (CDCS). The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing the quality of data provided by IPs and provide ad-hoc MEL technical support to Mission staff across all sectors. This position will also provide support to the Mission’s program office, particularly the Mission Senior MEL Specialist. The MEL Coordinator position will report to MSI’s Technical Director providing support under the MENA MELS contract. This is a full-time position based in Rabat.
- Support day-to-day monitoring, evaluation, analysis, needs from technical and program staff related to AMELPs, research studies and assessments.
- Track indicator progress of context and activity indicators for the Mission-level database and develop reports on progress against targets.
- Support the Senior MEL Specialist in the Program Office on scoping and design of MEL activities.
- Conduct technical review of MEL plans and products designed by Mission IPs.
- Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) 201 for Mission staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide field-based quality assurance of each research and evaluation activity including ensuring consistent use of tools, recording of interviews and focus groups.
- Propose MEL capacity-building topics and work with the MSI Technical Director to design and deliver capacity-building sessions.
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, demography, development studies, or a related field required.
- Minimum seven years of demonstrated experience managing concurrent monitoring, research, and evaluation activities for improved development outcomes.
- Experience supporting design and/or implementation of complex monitoring systems required.
- Experience using Excel required; and using of STATA or SPSS preferred.
- Experience developing infographics and data visualizations as part of PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking and teamwork skills required.
- Experience implementing MEL activities in Morocco required.
- Previous experience working with USAID MEL policies and procedures required.
- Strong written and verbal Moroccan Arabic and French language skills required.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.