Job Code: 132/002/570
Salary: Based on experience
The FF&E Designer’s focus will be on sourcing, production, and documentation of the FF&E and interior finishes aspects of interior design projects, working with and under the direction of project team leaders. Documents will include furniture plans, furnishing drawings, specifications, control samples, details, etc. Specifications are done in our software, but hand drafting and AutoCAD are sometimes utilized. Projects include Four-Star Plus hospitality interiors and high-end residential located around the world.
Supply & Sourcing
– Must have Proficiency in
2D & 3D software and some exposure to high end/luxury projects.
– Have an in-depth knowledge of local and international suppliers, designers, artisans, artists, and vendors for both local & international taste, and classical & contemporary style FF&E.
– Must fill in the timesheet for project progress – Project accounting.
– In-depth knowledge of materials, such as fabric, wall covering, paints, floor covering, sanitary ware, ironmongery as well as accessories, furniture, art, white goods, and other essential equipment and be capable of managing and maintaining an ID Library.
– You will be capable of sourcing and providing selections of FF&E for Senior Designers from I D Library and other sources mentioned above.
– In addition to a professional level of CAD using Auto CAD 2d and 3d, you will have used, either Excel Spreadsheets, Access Database or (CAD linked) graphics driven database to manage and coordinate FF&E specifications for projects. You will therefore have a very high level of computer literacy.
– Highly creative designer with exceptional organization skills, a flare for producing detailed mood boards and the management, selection & production of beautifully presented, full FF&E presentation boards and finishes for the client.
Support & Assistance with Reports and Organization
– Proficient in preparing room data sheets in conjunction with the appointed consultant; producing installation lists; producing and managing purchase support documents; manage the production of FF&E specification control book for all areas of the projects within the scope of work.
Assistance with Budget & Cost Control
– Tracking the project FF&E budget.
– Produce summary budgets at the area, room and object level.
– Make additions, changes and generating detailed budgets and cost reports.
As a designer you must ensure that the project is capable of being constructed to be safe, can be maintained safely and complies with all relevant safety and health legislation.
– Identify any hazards that my design may present during construction and subsequent maintenance.
– Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce risk.
– Communicate necessary control measures.
– Take account of any existing safety and health plan or safety file.
– Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max, Illustrator or other design programs.
– Creative talent, imagination, and eye for design.
– Communication and presentation skills.
– Minimum of
2 years’ experience in selecting & specifying FF&E for high-end projects, such as 5 Stars Hotels, luxury villas/apartments Local heavy weight/Multinational corporations’ offices.
– Excellent command of English and experienced in working in a cosmopolitan environment, be creative and well organized, able to cope with high volumes of work efficiently with focus and accuracy.
– High level of design sensibility and be able to demonstrate your knowledge and efforts to remain up to date with trends, products, designers, and other industry development.
– Minimum qualification
B.Sc. in Architecture / Interior Design or equivalent Diploma from a reputed institute.
– Communication skills in English, Arabic (Preferred) – both written & spoken.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Time management skills.
– Analytical skills.
Please visit our
page to check out our current list of vacancies.
Follow us on
to stay updated regarding our upcoming opportunities.