Description : Electrical Engineer. Compagnie : Agency. Adresse : Casablanca
This position is responsible for the development of the High Voltage Substation, Interconnection Line design, Balance of Plant and Main Machinery of renewable plants (such as solar PV, Wind, Storage) with the Transmission and Distribution Grids. The position, in cooperation with other Units and also supported by other discipline members, will ensure the development and execution of engineering project assigned in complete compliance with best practices, quality, safety and environmental requirements, as well as compliance with schedules and costs, also managing external resources. Addresses and solves technical issues related to own field of expertise and by means of own knowledge in order to meet project requirements.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Working on multiple projects across Morocco and other African Countries that contains large scale renewable energy generation (Solar Farms, Wind Turbines, Battery Energy Storage Systems, etc).
- Prepare Technical Specifications and Annexes for electrical design of High Voltage Substation, Interconnection Line design, Balance of Plant and Main Machinery of renewable plants
- Execute Technical Alignments of Suppliers/Contractors offers for High Voltage Substation, Interconnection Line, Balance of Plant and Main Machinery/Equipment of renewable plants
- Ensures the issue of the technical specifications of electrical components/systems for purchase orders and follows up the procurement process.
- Ensures the review and approval of technical documents issued by external design contractors and/or consultants, assuring the full compliance with standards, codes, ENEL technical specifications and best engineering practices, etc.
- Review technical specifications, layouts and designs relevant to NEC, UL, ANSI, IEC and other applicable industry standards.
- Manage and supervise third party engineers or external design services.
- Communicate timely with third parties to ensure design requirements are understood and fulfilled through delivery.
- Select optimal equipment for site and specific requirements, and coordinate with suppliers/manufacturers and contractors as necessary.
- Attend design reviews meetings with Design Contractor, Supplier and Consultant.
- Supports the Design to Cost (DTC), Business Development (BD) Departments and Project Engineer (PE) for the estimation of project CAPEX, OPEX and time scheduling.
- Coordinating design activities with other members of multi-disciplined project team.
- Approve and supervise any necessary tests related to electrical equipment (Factory Acceptance Tests\Site Acceptance Tests).
- Provide engineering support and perform site inspection during the construction phase of projects.
- Provide engineering support to startup, testing and system commissioning phases.
- Review lessons learned and identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes; developing cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure equipment is designed in accordance with the current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Perform feasibility studies, preliminary and detail design of Renewable plants;
- Design or review the design performed by external consultants for access roads, road pavement, earth movement, topography according to national and international technical codes (e.g. Eurocode, ACI, ASTM; AASTHO, etc..);
- Review Bill of Quantities, IFC drawings and shop submittals to support construction;
- Plan, supervise and co-ordinate the civil Infrastructural activities throughout the entire life cycle of the project;
- Perform site surveys for various renewable plants to access the technical and budgetary challenges and provide input to the budgeting committee;
- Participate to technical meetings and follow up the design activities performed by external suppliers;
- Prepare technical specifications and contractual documents;
- Support other colleagues in the same units for task of technical complexity.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional ENG license will be a plus
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in electrical engineering units, either in renewable power plants projects or in grid projects;
- Knowledgeable of Grid Interconnection Studies; System Impact, Facilities, Fault, Loss, Relay Coordination, and others.
- Experienced in overall Electrical Power System engineering.
- HV Substation and HV Lines design and installation experience.
- Experience in Protection and Control Systems for High Voltage Substation (Substation Automation) preferred.
- Experience in dimensioning of the HV/MV Electrical Systems.
- Experience using design tools/software’s for HV Lines as PLSCAD and tool for design of High Voltage Substation preferred.
- Experience using design tools for dimensioning electrical systems (like DigSILENT, ETAP, CYMCAP, etc..) preferred.
- Experience with design tool as AutoCAD.
- Experience in construction activities – engineering support, specification and schedule monitoring- testing and commissioning preferred
- Knowledge of IEC and other international/local applicable industry standards.
- Fluent French, Arabic and English professional level is required, Spanish is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in autonomy
Up to 25% of domestic travel and occasional international travel for meetings and project duration.
: Generation and Industrial Engineering
: Apr 7, 2022